||[Mar. 24th, 2008|02:33 pm]
Pen and Ink
The first post is for us to state our own writing plan. In other words, our goals. Not everyone will have a writing plan, and for those who have no idea what I'm talking about, here's mine:
1. Finish outline and plot guides by March 31
2. April -- August/September: complete first draft.
3. September -- November: re-write, complete second draft
4. Put it away for Christmas.
5. January & February: return with fresh eyes; line-by-line edit, complete third draft
6. March: final read-through/edit, complete fourth draft
7. April: write synopsis
8. May: prepare and send query letters; cross fingers and toes
So there you go. The plan isn't set in stone -- who knows what RL will throw at me? But I feel confident that a year is a good amount of time to spend on my first novel, so here's hoping. :) Now let's see yours!
At the end of each month I will be making a post for the people who planned to have their first draft complete by that time. We'll see how you're all doing. :D
I'd also like to use this post to introduce myself...
I'm English, living in Ireland, and this will be my first novel. I've spent a lot of time in various fandoms, and fanfic helped me learn how to write. As I said in the profile, I woke up one morning with a strong desire to write a novel. By the time I made it to the bathroom, I had a half-formed plot developing in my head. Yay!
I'm writing the first of a three-part series, and it's Urban Fantasy.
Your turn! Leave your writing plan and introduction in a comment. Tell me everything.